Until February 10, 2021, 264 people, diagnosed with COVID19, have died, 69% male, (183 deaths) and 31% female (81 deaths), according to the report on the deaths due to COVID19 between March 2020 until the 10th of February, 2021, that was published on Friday.
According to the report, out of the 264 deaths, 217 (82%) had the COVID-19 disease as the underlying cause of death. It is noted that 68% of the total number of deaths with underlying cause COVID-19 were men (148 deaths) and the remaining 32% women ( 69 deaths).
The highest number of deaths is recorded among people of the age group 80-84 years (24% of the total number of deaths).
January 2021 saw the highest number of deaths of people positive of COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic (33% of the total number of deaths).
During the 5th week of 2021, the number of deaths increased by 25% compared to the 4th week of 2021. It is noted that the highest percentage of deaths of people positive with COVID-19, with underlying cause of death being COVID-19, concerns people with permanent residence in the Nicosia district (37%) followed by the Limassol district (29 %).